There are plenty of energy options when it comes to heating your home: propane, natural gas, electricity, and so on. Each option has their advantages, but in the end choosing propane is a no brainer. Propane gas beats out other options when it comes to efficiently heating your home at a reasonable cost. Propane gas offers more benefits than just heating your home—being an efficient, safe, and versatile fuel.
Here are 3 reasons you should choose propane heating over other alternatives:
1. Heat your home more efficiently with propane gasPropane isn’t the cheapest fueling option when you look at the price per unit. But propane is more cost-effective when heating your home than alternative energy sources. Propane has 2 properties that make it more cost-effective: First, propane will pump out more heat in your home per gallon compared to other fuels. Second, a propane gas furnace disperses heat in intervals rather than a continuous flow so the heats only on when it needs to be. Since propane burns more efficiently, you’ll use less fuel and save on the cost of heating your home. Alternative heating options can be wasteful because they:
- Heat your home slower
- Burn or use energy constantly once turned on
- Have higher operating cost than propane
2. Save on appliance heating costs with propanePropane helps you save on costs of heating appliances in addition to heating your home. More propane gas is converted into usable energy when burned compared to alternatives like natural gas. Also, propane-run appliances cumulate less wear-and-tear historically, which saves you money in the long-term. For example: Propane powered furnaces can last up to 20 years. That’s 5-10 years longer than electric heat pumps. Even US department of energy says retrofitting your furnace to use propane gas is more efficient than other heating options. Propane can be used to heat many appliances in your home in addition to furnaces, such as:
- Grills or stoves
- Water heaters
- Clothes dryers
- Pools or spas
3. Feel safe knowing propane is environmentally friendlyPropane is considered a clean-burning fuel—meaning safe to it’s safe to burn in any environment. Propane is a safer home heating option (for nature and your home) compared to other natural gases.
Nature:Propane doesn’t act as a greenhouse gas compared to oil, diesel, and many other fuels. Whether burning in your tank or in its natural state, propane will not:
- Threaten the atmosphere or climate
- Spill or leave a slimy, oily residues
- Release any pollutants into air or water